Tuesday, October 01, 2002

CD: Patti Smith, "Gung Ho"

Today I came home to find not only ice cream, but chocolate cake, pumpkin pie, cookies, and best of all, Cool Whip. Yes, the brand! Dinner was awesome. When it came time for dessert (which was about half of the entire meal) I quickly busted out the goods. When it came time for the coup de grace--the CW--I tried opening it as I pulled it out of the fridge. It slipped out of my hands. Trying to grasp it, somehow I got my right hand stuck partway inside the bucket. Still in midair, I could see the bucket was going to fall in the wastebasket. No, not the Cool Whip! My left hand quickly moved into action. I don't know how, but the left hand was able to swing the jar towards my body so I could prevent it from hitting the ground. In the process I got a big gob of whipped cream on my pants, and my right hand was covered entirely by the sticky stuff. What now? Do you have to ask?! It was the tastiest accident ever! The only evidence that remains is the streak of white stuff on the rim of the garbage can from when I got so excited.

No comments: