Tuesday, October 15, 2002

CD: Erykah Badu, "Baduism"

Had a dang rockin' time on my radio show this morning. It's an odd situation that I play music at 3 AM on a Monday, because in one way I don't want anyone to listen so I can play whatever I want, and in another way I want people to listen to the strangeness I put on. And nobody is in the radio station that early in the morning, let alone awake on the campus, so I pretty much own the school for three hours. Today I played some of my favorite female rock acts--Bikini Kill, L7, Sleater-Kinney, and even Erykah Badu--and went on a small rant over how the station will put an overproduced group like Puffy AmiYumi on rotation (giant sellers in Southeast Asia, and even have their own dolls) but not the fanastically overproduced pop of Natalie Imbruglia. That discussion is one I'm sure I could only have with myself, and at 4:30 in the morning to boot.

No comments: