Friday, October 18, 2002

CD: Ani DiFranco, "Swing Set EP"

I started playing Nintendo again, so any free time I thought I had two days ago has suddenly disappeared, as well as that tiny modicum of desire I possessed that told me tonight I would get that History paper done for Monday. Well, well, well. Whose fault is this? Not mine, of course. Mario has a new game out. The last time a new Mario game came out that I could play was Mario 64, which was totally sweet, and though I hadn't touched video games for about two years before that I lost my Thanksgiving vacation getting all 120 stars in that game. And here we go again. When I downloaded an NES emulator this summer I went into hiding for about a week while I tried to relearn Ninja Gaiden, so who knows how long this will last. By the way, if you look at the cover of Ninja Gaiden, doesn't it look like the Japanese symbols say "The"? I was at a store (Brand Names) buying a video game when I was 12 (Adventures of Lolo) and the guy kept telling the clerk he wanted "Ninja The Gaiden" and she couldn't find it on the shelf for the life of her. Adventures of Lolo was $19.99 and the only game we could afford without waiting another week to get a better one. One more addiction...

No comments: