Wednesday, October 23, 2002

CD: Natalie Imbruglia, "White Lilies Island" [Yeah!]

The city of Buffalo actually decided to have autumn this year, meaning no snow but cold weather. Last year we had summer until Christmas, then got eight feet of snow in two days, then had spring, which was really just the five months it took to melt the eight feet of snow. But either way it's time to put the fans away and turn on the heater. (Assuming you have a heater; it seems a large number of people in Buffalo do not.) Our heater prevents me from getting a cold by taking all the of the dust it's collected over the spring and summer and, using the a new technology called fire, makes the dust hot and circulates it throughout the building and into my nose. Therefore I have cold symptoms, not because I am sick, but because the heater is making me sneeze. Does that make sense? Basically, I have invented a cold vaccine.

No comments: