Sunday, October 13, 2002

CD: Frogs, "Starjob" promo

This is the 100th blog post. I started this blog in the summer hoping that it would help me learn to write about myself so I could better write up job applications, keep my essay writing skills up to snuff before graduate school started, to finally force myself to write a diary, and communicate with some of the friends I don't see anymore. None of these plans really succeeded, but here we are four months later. The posts have not changed much; sometimes I write them a day or two ahead of time now, and the tone somehow changed when people started saying they read the blogs on a regular basis (the one thing I regret is that fame has affected my art, though I am neither famous nor artistic). There are a lot of times when I am not listening to the CD I have written at the top of the post, but I have listened to it in the past 24 hours. (Right now I am listening to The Melvin's "The Bit" promo EP if you care.)

One really important rule that I set early on is that I must never write about anything important. Usually what I type is the farthest thing from my mind at the particular time, or only a small part of what's on it. I will never devote webblogs to my woman troubles, family problems, serious personal vices or anything of that nature. That way I can write something, forget about it, and the words will probably not be used against me later (part of the reason I record my E-mails and IMs as well).

But man, I hate these pop-ups, don't you? I can't stand these stupid things.

Well, my CD is done; I'm going to bed. Joe, you should really write on your blog. Ed, keep it up. Dave, you were an inspiration; too bad you're not still doing one. Anyone else who wants one can write to me.

No comments: