Monday, October 14, 2002

Cassette (yes, I have cassettes!): Cowboy Mouth, "Word Of Mouth"

An hour ago I got an E-mail from AmericanSingles.com. I vaguely remember signing up for an online dating service about two years ago, when I was trying to earn points for one of those goofy Read E-mail For Money schemes. Anyway, I found that in my small hick town of 3000 people there are about five women my age who have ALSO signed up at AmericanSingles.com, and have done so for reasons such as "looking for a date, nothing serious right now" or "a real man who knows how to treat a lady." Well, I'm not very serious.... Some of these people actually seem interesting, maybe even attractive. Nevertheless, I refuse to lower my nonexistent standards to contact one of these people based on the prejudiced assumption that doing so would bruise the social reputation I don't have. So there. And Hunnybunz82, I think I live down the street from you; tell your dog to shut up!

No comments: