Saturday, October 26, 2002

CD: Weezer, "Weezer" [Green Album]

My new favorite television channel must be NewsWorld International. Since it's not American, I get to hear about things that don't involve the words "sniper," "Osama," or "Tom Daschle". Also, the station is run by the CBC, meaning they interview people one at a time, instead of having them shout at each other via live satellite feed. But the best part? They also play news from Mexico, Japan, China, Russia, and Germany. My favorite one is Germany. Not only do they speak perfect English on the German show (even better than the danged English) they also report on the French. They're nice to the French, but why do the bread eaters always make themselves look bad? It seems the French are either on strike, hogging farm subsidies, pretending to be a superpower, talking like they're drunk, or making little to no contribution to the cultural capital of the industrialized world. Actually I'm kidding. But that last one there? I just read it in my history textbook. Yes; for Grad School. Zut alors!

No comments: