Tuesday, February 11, 2003

CD: Mahalia Jackson, "Gospels, Spirituals, & Hymns" disc II

My first decree as Emperor of the Free World will be to suppress all those who dare question my power. That goes without saying, really. All opposition must be squashed. How to destroy these rebel forces is the problem. Should I simply isolate and ostracize them? Should I infiltrate their infrastructure and tear them apart from within? Should I kill off their leadership and let the society fall into riotous turmoil? Should I bribe the populace with weapons, food, and lower taxes? Oh well. The second decree is to ban nuclear weapons, because everyone who opposes me will be gone so I won’t need them anymore. That was hard. Third? I’m buying the Buffalo Sabres. They will also get 25 points added to their season record so when they don’t make the playoffs this year it won’t look so bad.

No comments: