Monday, February 03, 2003

CD: Black Label Society, “Black Label Society”

Joe was in my room the other day and commented on all the books I had. Well thank you Joe! Looking at them right now it does seem like I have a lot of books--like a wall full. I must admit, however, that it is an illusion. For instance, about a quarter of my shelf space is taken up by vinyl records. It means I’m less of a reader, though it does make me cooler. There is a small section at the top corner which is really not books but old magazines and yearbooks, which are only worth looking at once every couple of years. My stereo takes up the rest of the top shelf. So that leaves only three small shelves worth of books. Now I must admit that I read a whole shelf of me. I did NOT, however, read the other two shelves! For example, about one shelf is a bunch of history textbooks I took for free from a teacher that wanted to get rid of the promotional stuff she’s saved over the years. And the third shelf? On the bottom of each book is a little sticker that says USED SAVES. No REAL book-reader in their right-thinking mind would proudly display Used Book stickers on their Used Books! Take a second look, Joe, I’m not as smart as I look!

No comments: