Saturday, February 22, 2003

CD: Beatles, "Past Masters Vol. 1"

So my father was flipping channels and got to some old movie about the Lindbergh baby kidnapping. So he watches it for a minute and he goes "Did they ever get their baby back?" [ed. note: This is where the reader starts thinking "Barbeque Sauce."] And I tell him "No." Then I add, "They found it later." So then he goes "Was it okay?" Well if they didn't get the kid back, I don't know!! And THEN he goes, "Was it dead?" Oh my. I myself have tried to stop asking The Redundant Question. You know, comments like "Really?" or "You don't say" or "Are you sure?" I know it annoys some people to no end, while for others it is 90 percent of what they might deem--with conviction--"conversation." It's worse on the phone, where if you don't INTERJECT with banter like "Yeah," "Uh-huh," or "HAHAHAHA" people will think you're not listening and get all "Are you still there?" at you. Yeah, whatever, okay, bye-bye, see you later then. Have a nice day!

No comments: