Monday, February 10, 2003

CD: Mahalia Jackson, "Gospels, Spirituals, & Hymns" disc I

If you have a satellite dish, you can watch tons of sports you’ve either never heard of or never really cared about. Right now the World Cup of Cricket is playing a reel of highlights. I still don’t know what the heck they’re doing over there, but they seem to be training pretty hard. I can watch handball, curling, lacrosse, and something that I think is called slamball. Slamball is basketball, but with trampolines built into the floor. So now the players can dunk from three-point range, assuming someone doesn’t try to block them in midair, causing them to collide twenty feet up. And hit the ground. And bounce back up. The first time I saw it I thought it was a Gatorade ad, but then they cut to commercial. I just sat there thinking “Wuh?” Have you seen this sport? Oddness.

No comments: