Thursday, February 20, 2003

CD: Bob Dylan, "Love And Theft"

I'm stupid, stupid, stupid. I've complained about this problem with my computer for about a month now. According to my stupidity, the modem wasn't working correctly, as every time I connected my telephone line to the machine all the phones would go dead. Well. So they sent me a new machine, and the first thing I saw when I opened the box was a big sheet saying "How to set up your computer." On that was a diagram showing all of the ports and jacks and whatnot, but it didn't seem right...after all, my phone jack was on the side, not the back...OR IS IT. You know how an Ethernet jack looks a lot like a phone jack? Well, that just shows how stupid Stupid STUPID I am. Here I've been making calls for about a month when all I had to do was put the phone cord in the slot marked with a little picture OF A TELEPHONE NEXT TO IT. This is stupidness of "Did you trying plugging it in?" caliber. No, worse. Almost to the point of it being, "It's loaded, but I clean it real fast." Bah!

No comments: