Sunday, February 02, 2003

CD: Eminem, ¡§The Eminem Show¡¨

I¡¦ve been going back and forth with the good people at Dell because my computer is messed up. I thought that they must have these giant banks of people in Customer Service, but apparently there¡¦s just this guy named Walter that handles all my calls. Poor Walter. He has an accent from who-knows-where, and he does this weird thing where he slows down and speeds up what he says in mid-phrase, sometimes pausing in between. If I knew what the accent was, I might be able to translate! Anyway, the first couple of times I called Walter seemed all chipper and ¡§How may I help you?¡¨-ish. (Kind of cocky, too, if you ask me.) But today he seemed depressed. He talked slower and signed before he said stuff like ¡§Thank you for calling Dell. How may I help you today.¡¨ „²Note the period! I hope everything is all right at home. Walter seems like a decent guy, and having to work at Tech. Support you gotta feel bad for him. Sadly, the two hours I spent with him today probably just made him feel worse ¡¥cuz he couldn¡¦t help out at all. He seemed happier at Wegmans.

No comments: