Tuesday, February 04, 2003

CD: Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, “Xtra Acme USA”

For some reason this little light has been on in my car that says something like “Service” underneath it or something. I had no idea. Eventually I had to pull out the manual and find out what the bloody thing actually WAS, let alone what it meant. After searching through a few pages of hieroglyphics, I found out it was the Engine light. That could mean a lot of things, like “the car’s computer needs tweaking” or “it’s going to blow up.” I figured it was closer to the first thing and only yesterday got an appointment at the dealership. After setting a time they gave me some line about the gas cap not being on tight enough or something, and to check that, but it’s almost an insult to my intelligence to suggest I missed something like that (of course, I once drove from Indianapolis to Columbus with the tank door upon). I then tried to think of something quick, almost an excuse to say I was in there for a Reason other than ineptitude. “Well, I, uh, hit a couple mailboxes a while back.” “Oh!” they collectively cried. That was a couple months ago, but I got those guys on my side now. Plus, now they’ve got a story to ask me about when I’m hangin’ out over there tomorrow! Keen!

No comments: