Monday, February 24, 2003

CD: Ben Folds, "Rockin' The Suburbs"

The cops called me up recently. The sheriff's deputy told me that he's been trying to get a hold of me for weeks. A couple of months ago I hit a mailbox at 3 AM in a snowstorm and not only did I leave the scene of the accident--I didn't know it was a crime if you don't hit something living!--they found my front license plate in the snow--I didn't know it was gone--so now I've apparently been on the lamb since Christmas. Even worse, I left the country during this time. I apologized to the policeman and I told him I was sorry he couldn't get to me earlier since I was in Europe. Then he says "You were in Rome? Did you see the Fountain of Trevi?" "Yeah I was..." "Did you go to that nightclub across the street?" What the heck? So the cop's a good guy and he says he doesn't want to waste time arresting me, which is also good. So next time in Rome....

No comments: