Tuesday, November 26, 2002

CD: U2, "Best Of 1990-2000: The B-Sides"

I took last week off of work so I could get homework done. I'm old enough now so that I don't believe I'll actually get anything accomplished, and I've lived up to my own hype. Five full days and nothing to show for it. How many times did I have the books in my hands, ready to type? How many times did I mentally plan out the days when I would get A, B, C, and D done, even down to a calculation of pages written per day? How many times did I say to myself, "I shall go get a piece of pie/check the mail/watch TV for 30 minutes and then start"? How many times did I finally give up and go to bed early? How many licks does it take to get to the center of my problem? One? A-two? A-three? I guess I'll never know. O sweet, sugary procrastination, how you torment me!

"It's so exciting, you can't wait/You finally get to graduate/We hope that all your dreams come true/Congratulations, class of 2002!" --"Smarter," the Beanie Baby owl slash last-minute graduation present

No comments: