Wednesday, November 27, 2002

CD: Sleater-Kinney, "One Beat"

I'm waiting on a friend. Is that a Rolling Stones song? Last week, one hundred students sat in this very computer lab and refused to leave as a protest against short library hours. I admire that, and would have joined in the protest had I known about it, but dang! How did they stay here so long without being bored about of their minds? They were probably Talking Amongst Themselves. Here I have the Internet, which is like saying "A weekend in jail isn't too bad as long as you have a good novel to read!" And the people I usually talk to? That's who I'm waiting for! So I must wait here alone at a computer hoping for an IM because I don't own a cell phone and the pay phones are fifty cents now and I could use my calling card but with pay phones they take an extra nine minutes off so what's that use and There they are. Thank goodness, I'm starving. I'll see you folks later.

"Brute Force Method. Eat 'em and smile." --Tim Schrock

No comments: