Tuesday, November 19, 2002

CD: The Police, "Ghost In The Machine"

Cops are really friendly, but the only time you see them are when you've done something wrong. The same goes with judges; sure, they're polite, but they're also just about to throw you in jail or sentence you to death or something like that so when they smile it can really be aggrivating. I haven't had that sort of problem yet, because my crimes are so petty they're laughable in their own right. Getting up in front of a judge, then, is almost fun in my case. Last night I paid (through the nose) for a speeding ticket, but the cops and the judge were just so NICE about the whole thing. I even found out that the judge was the guy that fixed up my brother's old car a few months ago, to donate it to the City Mission. Now that's a nice guy! I paid $125.

Judge: "So why were you going so fast?"
Woman: "I was late for a class..."
J: "Oh, what do you study?"
W: "Criminal Justice." [court breaks out in laughter]

No comments: