Tuesday, November 12, 2002

CD: Radiohead, "OK Computer"

Yesterday my manager came up to me, and in a very serious tone told me, "you have a call." I never get calls at work, and I wondered who it might be. The man on the other end identified himself as a Chief Operations Officer for the company:

Him: Is this Frederick Schrock?
Me: Yes...
H: How are you doing today?
M: Good, good...
H: We recently found out that you were traveling to Europe in the next few months, and we were wondering if you would be a Secret Shopper for us in some of our franchises there.
M: ...Um, sure...It depends on where they are, though.
H: Well, we have several locations in the area of Bielefield, Germany.
M: Really? I'll just happen to be staying there.
H: That's excellent!
...
By the way, Fred, it's Ed. How've you been?

Ed called from Germany. I haven't heard from him for three months, and got my work number from a friend in Nashville. He totally pranked me, dude, and he did it from 4000 miles away. Is that a world record?


"So a pirate walks into a bar. There's a steering wheel attached to his fly. The bartender goes, "Hey, what the steering wheel doing sticking out of your pants?" And the pirate goes, "Arrr! It's driving me nuts!"
--Tim Schrock, AKA DJ Middle Finger

No comments: