Tuesday, September 10, 2002

CD: Smashing Pumpkins, "Reel Time Sessions" [disc II]

The original idea behind starting a weblog was so that I could work on writing, especially about myself, for job applications, school papers, and the like. And while I have written much more than I would have under the cirumstances (nearing seventy entries, each at least a half-page of text in an ordinary word processing program), it now gives me yet another excuse to avoid doing the very thing it intended to improve! As of this writing I have just finished a two-page paper that took me two hours; it should have taken me 45 minutes. After every half page of text--exactly one paragraph in the paper, coincidentally--I got mental block. Like right now. And coincidentally again, I am at one-half page of text.

Worst of all, no one is ever going to see that paper. It was optional, and I wanted to get some "practice" in before class discussion. Beyond that, even I may never see it again, because it costs ten cents per page to print in this bloody library. Man, funk dat!

No comments: