Sunday, September 29, 2002

CD: Nirvana, rarities mix (cleaning out my hard drive)

Here's a story I heard from my supervisor at work today. Now remember, my supervisor is about my age, but looks smaller and younger. Anyway, this guy walked into the restaurant the other day, smoking a cigarette. Which is illegal. "I'd like to order x___." "You gonna put that out?" she replies. So he throws it on the floor and stomps it out. "I'd like to order x___." "You gonna pick that up?" she replies.

"No."

"Then I'm not going to serve you."

"You're what?"

"I'm not going to serve you."

"There aren't any ashtrays in here anyway."

"Gee, why do you think that is?"

"So you're not going to serve me?"

"Absolutely not."

So he leaves. But not the building. He finds someone older and asks where the manager is. Somehow he is directed back to the same counter.

"I wanna talk to your manager."

"You're lookin' at 'er."

Silence.

"How about I call up your company and tell them you refuse to serve me?"

"How about I have the state police come over and fine you a thousand dollars for smoking in a public building?"

I guess the guy leaves at this point. But yes, he did call the company the next morning. To which the franchise manager says she wouldn't have served him either. I love happy endings.

No comments: