Friday, September 13, 2002

CD: Oasis, "Be Here Now"

Last night I was two seconds from impulse buying Jaffa blocks at Tops; 2 for $5. That's a good deal! They're the ones that you can either use as milk crates--like for my records, which I could really use--or for hanging files--I could really use that, too, for all of the teaching supplies I've stolen over the years--there are too many dashes in this sentence. Nevertheless, I just came back from The Mall, where I suddenly thought "I should buy some posters, because the only interesting thing in my room is the paint falling off the ceiling." I walked into that hippie place and found two pretty good ones, 2 for $12. That's a good deal! One was a Sistene Chapel close-up of God's and Adam's fingers; the other was a Radiohead poster of the U.S. blowing up, or something eerie like that. But I chickened out again. I don't buy gum, candy bars, bottled water, or anything else from the checkout line. I don't supersize my value meals because I pack peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I only read free newspapers, or take the ones already paid for from lounge room tables. I'm a lousy, incompetent capitalist. Sorry.

No comments: