Monday, September 09, 2002

CD: New Kids On The Block, "Hangin' Tough"

Recently my former roommate Dave commented to me that recently he has not been able to "notice my distinctive scent" anymore. Though I have tried a number of subtle tactics to reduce my alleged odor, including perioding bathing, the washing of clothes, and even a diet including moderate to large amounts of liquids, I must also think that Dave's olfactory keenness was fine-tuned over time to notice my scent while I was living with him. Why, just recently I was doing homework when I simply stopped and looked up. Something was just not right, and I could not pinpoint it for several minutes. Then I realized: I could hear myself think. After four years of being a collegiate resident, living with at least three other people and their varied eating/sleeping/blaring music times, unplanned nights out, and impromptu wrestling matches, I can now read a book without interruption. Which means I can't. Every few pages I have to go get a drink of water, put on a CD or--stranger yet--read another book. Dorm life has destroyed my sense of continuity.

No comments: