Sunday, September 22, 2002

CD: Beatles, "Yellow Submarine"

So I was making chocolate chip cookies at work today. Sue me, I'm in food service! Anyway, two of the chocolate chip cookies fused together in the oven, creating an uber-cookie of mass proportions and comparable, in political terms, to the NATO-Russia alliance. Can't sell it, but dang, why put it to waste? It was an hour before my break....OH, by the way, you should know first is that I work 10-hour shifts, and don't eat lunch. Therefore, the prospect of chocolate chip cookies is more than mouth-watering, but mind-blowing. It's like an inspiration; a muse; a raison d'etre for the rest of the work period....ANYWAY! I was looking for the perfect moment to sneak the uber-cookie into my packback (I brought homework, but never did any of it).

Enter Ted, the 81-year-old dishwasher. I was gone for FIVE SECONDS. I come back, there's no uber-cookie, he's chewing on something! Big mouthful, can't even talk, hiding his face in the corner. That bastard took my cookie! My hideously malformed, illicit uber-cookie! @%#^*@&! I was really, Really hungry and it was gone! Man. You don't know how much that hurt. Like taking candy from a baby. And for him, it probably was. Schwag.

No comments: