Monday, September 02, 2002

CD: Collective Soul, "Disciplined Breakdown"

Natalie Imbruglia saved my life last night. And this morning. After a long day that started after a four-hour-night's sleep, I found myself driving home at 5 in the morning so I could go to sleep for another 90 minutes. Ms. Imbruglia could be depended on for her soothing yet introspective song stylings that not only kept my attention, but got me to sing along to her catchy refrains at the top of my voice, keeping me awake and alert as well. It does not have to be mentioned that I was alone and my car windows were closed shut during this exercise. And this morning, after said ninety-minute-night's sleep, when I had to drive another forty miles to take my sister to work, and my eyes were 80% shut during the entire drive, the album "White Lilies Island again deliverd vibrant pop soundscapes for me to croon too as I feigned consciousness. Because of the dozens of times I have found myself listening to a certain musical genre this summer that would normally reduce me to nausea, I declare this the Summer of Natalie Imbruglia. Sorry, Nelly, but it's too hot in herre for you!

No comments: