Thursday, September 05, 2002

CD: George Harrison, "All Things Must Pass (anniversary reissue)"

My sister recently broke up with someone. She told me very little about the actual person, but did tell me a lot about his parents' pet lion. As I remember hearing it, a long time ago (before this person was born or not I don't recall) the father got the family a pet lion, and kept it in the backyard with a very high fence. The police, not wanting to have to deal with future lion problems, would actually come on the property and taunt it, trying to make it do something illegal so they could have it taken out of town. In retaliation, the father installed spike strips on the driveway whenever the family went out Eventually the trap worked: the police drove in to taunt the lion again, their tires busted, they called for backup but the backup got their tires busted too, the family came home and the father says "Hey, what are you guys up to?! You were going to taunt my lion again!"

It sounds like Aesop should attach a moral to this one. "Don't tap the glass" or "Make sure you have a warrant" or something.

No comments: