Tuesday, September 17, 2002

CD: Alice In Chains, "MTV Unplugged"

I realize now that it takes one hour to get here--my college--and then one hour to get back from my two hour class. I am not amused. Granted, I save thousands by not finding an apartment in the city, and even another $100 or so by parking across the street, about two blocks from my classroom. Why do I mention this today, and not three weeks ago when classes started? Because--and this is the saddest part of all--I had a paper due today, so I procrastinated for a week until I finally sat down and wrote it, then on the way to school remember it takes a WHILE to get there and ended up ten minutes late. And I can't blame traffic or weather or accidents or a poorly running car or horrible road conditions or a parking problem or the police or the suspected terrorists from Lackawanna or my mother or President Bush or even Frank Stallone. And THEN, to make up for my lateness, I had to force myself to participate in class to look like I hadn't missed anything and really cared about the discussion at hand! I almost NEVER participate in class because it bothers me so! Cursed space-time continuum, forcing me to find witty comments and universally accepted syntax and diction to spew forth like dandelion seeds towards a group of people I would hardly recognize on the street! Curses, me!

No comments: