Sunday, September 15, 2002

CD: R.E.M., "New Adventures In Hi-Fi"

Dangit. I wore pants tonight. I want some more shorts weather so I don't have to deal with full coverings. Sooner than you know it I'll have to wear a long-sleeved shirt, too. Ugh. And in my free time! There's always that one momentous day in, oh, late October where you transmogrify from a summer wanna-be shorts-wearer to a temporarily permanent, leaf-rakin' pants guy. Think about it. You can never pinpoint the date, but in hindsight you think back on it and realize Hey, we don't live in the Arctic Circle, but there are 6 months of pants and 6 months of shorts, and now everything is dark again. Time for 5 PM sunsets, examining the walls of your house for egg and shaving cream remnants, and the manditory "AAA says more people will be traveling during Thanksgiving than any other time of the year" reports on the local news. Must...fight...power....Must...take off...pants...

No comments: