Wednesday, September 25, 2002

CD: Ani Difranco, various mix (CD 1 of 4)

Today I went from 0 to Sick as Hell in two hours. This is messed up. One minute you're up and ready to face the day, the next you've got water pouring like an open faucet out your nose. I seriously wonder where all this water comes from. Is it from the blood? In that case my blood must be extremely thick right now. It FEELS like the water came from my brain, which makes a lot of sense--my brain being a watertower and all, I mean. That would have explained the high pressure in which the water left my nose when I sneezed. (And did I ever.) I have easily gone through thirty Kleenex or Kleenex substitutes, such as toilet paper, paper towels, the backs of my fingers (in emergencies, and there were a few of those) and who knows what next.

The saddest part of all is that I went through all this while substituting a class. I lucked out because the missing guy has a student teacher, and that guy did all the work (not getting paid) while I sat in the back trying to prevent the snot dike from breaking (while getting paid). I am warm and I am tired. Good thing I also have class today, or I wouldn't have had a reason to get up this morning! Ugh.

No comments: