Friday, March 14, 2003

CD: Pearl Jam, "Riot Act"

The best part about my winter trip to Europe may not be the actual vacation but the ability to refer to it in conversation later. Watching the news today they showed the Chancellor of Germany giving a speech to the legislature, and DUDE I was IN THAT BUILDING! Cool! Somewhere I learned that Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's favorite tourist attraction in Rome is the Spanish Steps, and I was ON those steps! Whenever they talk about the Eiffel Tower, the EU headquarters in Belgium, the Vatican's plea for peace in the Middle East...I was there, making me an EXPERT compared to all y'all who are only TALKING about the stuff! So they want to rename French Fries "Freedom Fries" because they think the French are snooty, self-centered anti-Americans? Well guess what? I was actually IN FRANCE and they ARE snooty, self-centered anti-Americans. How about those pommes, Jacques?

No comments: