Saturday, March 08, 2003

CD: Natalie Imbruglia, "Left Of The Middle"

I just saw the High School Play version of the movie Footloose, and I must say I expected looser feet. It was very unprofessional. But for some reason all I could think about during the play was the inevitable war in Iraq. So the hero of the story--the guy that just wanted to dance, dance, dance!--and his friends became the anti-war protesters, and the evil minister became George Bush, and the minister kept pushing for war because of some accident with his father in the last war--probably the assassination attempt--and he was all cantankerous and wouldn't listen to anybody, and then the hero got up in front of everybody and said "blessed are the peacemakers" but all the old people voted for war anyway...and George Bush really couldn't sing but he still got some applause because he seemed like a nice kid that tried really hard. I still don't know what to name my daydream: Trooploose? Obtoose? Oh well.

No comments: