Tuesday, March 11, 2003

CD: Jimmy Eat World, "Bleed American"

I remember a long time ago (months!) I wrote a post about how Saddam Hussein released almost all the prisoners in his jails in Iraq. And I sarcastically commented that it must be this Great Coincidence that American troops were coming over to fight his country, and he needed troops for his army--hey, here are some, and they're big fans of yours, Hussein! Well now I'm wondering if they're actually in the Iraqi guard. If they are or they aren't, aren't they bored? Come to think of it, what are the Iraqi people doing right now? It's not like they can make any big plans..."Yo Abdul, you wanna help me move?" "Sure, Mohammed, but you sure you want to right now, what with the war and all?" "Oh yeah, I forgot. They might blow our houses up. Maybe later then?" Or maybe, "Yo Abdullina, would you like to come to my bachelorette party?" "Sure, Mohammedina, but you sure you want to get married right now, what with the war and all?" "Oh yeah, I forgot. They might kill my husband in a firefight and my future children could die of starvation. Maybe later then?" All I know for sure is that if I were living there right now, I'd be in the basement trying to get through Ulysseys.

No comments: