Monday, March 10, 2003

CD: Oasis, "Be Here Now"

Uuuuugh. I knew it wouldn't work. So I got to the library at about 4 yesterday, vowing not to leave until I finished my five-page paper, which is due tonight. after about six hours, I had competed ONE PAGE. That's right, somehow I was able to sit in one place and only write ONE PAGE of a book review. How horrible is that? Right now I'm wasting my time on this thing (which is going much faster, by the way) but I think I've figured it out: years of all-nighters and last-minute writing make me unable to function as a regular student unless there is a pressing deadline upon me. I bet that by the end of the afternoon this paper will be done quickly simply because it has to be. The words will magically appear on the page--almost like its their destiny--but for now they will not come. No matter, I must sign off and forge ahead. But first...breakfast...

No comments: