Saturday, August 03, 2002

CD: "Ken Burns' The Civil War: Original Soundtrack Recording"

Mom's birthday last night. After deciding to order Chinese and sit around at home, we all took our time looking at the take out menu we had posted on the fridge and, for once, were able to organize and plan. I was picked to make the call, menu in hand, and--who woulda thunk--no one answered the phone. Tried again. Jiminy. So we settled for Denny's. My parents aren't ones to go to a place with, say, $10/plate dinners. The truck stop and the local diner do it for them. Denny's is a little bit up the snooty list, so going there became a family event. They're alright people, once you get used to them. But my father and I have to stop getting the same things from the menu; this is the third time this has happened in about a week, and I'm starting to think I got a lopsided share of the genes. Anyway, you could tell it was someone's birthday in the family because we went to Denny's and everybody got to have dessert. Fine eatin'. And raspberry iced tea to boot!

No comments: