Wednesday, August 14, 2002

CD: various, "Hopeless Records Winter/Spring 2002 Sampler"

The public library down the street is where I should be spending more of my time. Why I am not probably includes Television in its equation, something that says a lot about my recent bouts with sloth in these summer months. The new library has free, high-speed internet access. My house will not let me get past 33.6. The new library has air conditioning. My house has ten fans that can't get the temperature under 80. The new library gets Rolling Stone and has comfortable chairs. My house? The UAW newsletter and a couch with my father in his underwear. The new library is a two minute walk from Chinese take-out dishes. My house is a Petri dish for flies to feast on. I hope someday to become such an influential citizen of a town that they name a room of their local library in my honor, which I can move into permanently. Until then, I'll have to remember due dates and sweat in my spare time.

No comments: