Wednesday, August 28, 2002

CD: Weezer, "Maladroit"

This fall I will either sleep until noon every day and do homework out of sheer boredom, or I will get up at 5 every morning and fall asleep at the wheel driving back from college late some night. I have signed up to be a substitute teacher in three different schools, and if they call me I become a rich but very busy man. One thing I didn't know about substitute teaching is that in some schools, you don't even need a bachelor's degree--or have taken education courses in college, for that matter--to work. Fifty bucks for six hours of work is not really much to scoff at, considering you could be cleaning toilets for about as much instead. But that's with a union toilet-scrubbing job. Then again it would be cheaper to scrub the toilets and not have to pay for decent dress clothes and ties you'd have to wear every day of the week. Of course, you go to work simply to afford things like decent dress clothes and ties. Well maybe not ties; I was never a big fan of them. I have gotten used to them, however, which is good, and nowadays I don't have to go online and ask Jeeves "How do you tie a tie?" anymore. I keep the link in my Favorites menu anyway, just for sentimental value, I guess. In fact, when was the last time I cleaned out my Favorites? November 9, 2001. Now I know. Knowing is half the battle. Knowledge is power. The power is in your hands. You're in good hands with AllState. Quaker State motor oil gives your engine protection beyond 3000 miles. I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more. More selection means better savings. Wider is better. You should know better. Knowing is half the battle...

No comments: