Monday, August 12, 2002

CD: MP3s CD (current track: Blues Brothers, "Soul Man")

The other weekend I was at home at night with my parents. But let's not dwell on that. Anyway, at 11:30 my mother says "Hey, isn't Saturday Night Live on?"

She really wanted to watch it! As if she was always watching it. I thought she hadn't seen the show since John Belushi was alive. When was Mom interested in pop culture? Now I find out that she's a big Chris Farley fan, as well as Will Farrell. These were the same people and skits that were a "bad influence" on me years ago, and "Why are you staying up so late when church is tomorrow?" Now it's because my parents wanted to stay up late and not let us know they were laughing at it. To the casual observer, someone would think I am exposing my past ignorance by saying this. Instead, it only proves one of my earliest hypotheses: they are NOT having sex behind closed doors. EVER.

No comments: