Sunday, August 25, 2002

CD: Memphis Minnie, "Queen of the Blues"

In a recent post I mentioned my cat, Billy, and his addiction to marijuana. Which brings me back to the post I wrote the other night, about going to the Tool concert. The opening band was Tomahawk, some sort of new collaboration with a member from Faith No More, another guy from Jesus Lizard, etc. And I'm sure they sounded great. This would have been a verifiable statement, had not my brother and sister (A family outing!) gone with me to make it by the 7:30 start time, instead of leaving the house at 8:00. Why so late? The two music lovers wanted to Smoke Up before they left.

Which brings me back to my cat, Billy, and his addiction to marijuana. About 4 years ago I came home and found an open box marked "Cat High" in large, cursive marker. "What's this?" I asked my brother, inquisitively.

"Heh heh hehhhhhhhh . . . .
Nothin!"

I assumed the label on the box was literal, and later found out I was right. During parties with friends, sometimes my brother would light up a bowl of weed, put a box over it, and put the cat in the box for a few minutes. I hear that during one hilarious episode the cat started walking all crooked (they don't always land on their feet!), leaning against the wall, and then ralphed in a corner. This would explain why the cat meows after it's let out, not before, why its skinny and and always has the munchies, and why its eyes are, well, glassy. Like a smoked glass? Anyway the statute of limitations is probably already out for giving hash to the cat, and since there's no moral/happy ending to the story . . . uh, I forgot.

No comments: