Sunday, August 04, 2002

CD: Drain STH, "Horror Wrestling"

The other day I saw the movie "Requiem for a Dream," which got me to thinking. That's a good thing! The movie was quality stuff, for one, but the fact that I am able to persue other intellectual pursuits this summer that don't involve schoolwork has really turned on the abstract contemplation juices. I'm even taking time to write a weblog, for gosh sakes! Not that I'm actually smarter, or that this blog is worth reading. But I used to go to a movie theater with friends at the end of a week full of writing and correcting papers, and pretty much just wait until it was over to go home and pee. I can hold it in better now, and I'm talking about the symbolism in the film!

Looking back at the previous paragraph shows that maybe I'm not as intelligent as I think I am this late at night. Anyway, back to movies. Though everyone has their (incorrect) favorites, the greatest movie of all time has to be--you guessed it--Frank Stallone. No, I mean it's "Pee Wee's Big Adventure." I must have seen it 30 times. Think of all the great adventures! The dinosaur! The Alamo! The singing hobo! Mr. T Cereal! Morgan Fairchild! And my favorite part, which I can re-enact for the amusement of my friends:

"On this very night, 10 years ago, along the same stretch of road...in a dense fog...just. like. this...I saw the worst accident I ever seen...There was this sound, like a garbage truck, dropped off the empire state building! And when they finally pulled the driver's body from the twisted, burning, wreck...it looked like...
THIS!!!!!!
Hooo hooo hooo hooo hooo haaaah!
Yes sir....That was the worst accident...I ever seen."

Even scarier, watch this scene frame by frame to see the extended tongue and the eyes pulled out of their sockets. Sleep tight everybody!

No comments: