Friday, August 30, 2002

CD: Stevie Wonder, "Music of My Mind"

After haggling with a workable student schedule, and then submitting FIVE different versions of it to the Registrar's Office, then petitioning a professor to add me to her class, only to fail to fail in that attempt, I will be taking nine credit hours this semester. Luckily, I took a class in the summer, keeping me on track with a full-time courseload. One class I was especially happy to get into was abbreviated in the class listing as "CRIT ISS MUS STU". "Cool," I thought, "Critical Issues in Muslim Studies! This is perfect considering the state of the world. I could really get into this one." While buying the books I noticed they seemed to discuss art and other strange topics not directly involving politics. "Cool," I thought, "They're going to look at this from a completely different angle: a cultural standpoint and our interpretations of that standpoint." Then I get into class, and ignore what was written on the board until one minute before class starts: "Critical Issues in Museum Studies". Doh! Well, it meets my requirement so I'm staying. Jiminy.

No comments: