Thursday, July 25, 2002

CD: They Might Be Giants, "Apollo 18"

I got me a new toothbrush. It was time. The old toothbrush's surface looked like a national park after a forest fire. The dentist told me I should use soft bristles, because apparently I have tender gums, or something like that. I really can't remember because I haven't seen my dentist in five years. But I was raised with a Protestant work ethic, so when it comes to fighting cavities a little pain and bleeding is par for the course. Did you know that there are no "hard" toothbrushes at the drugstore? Only "soft" and "medium"? Well, the mediums work just fine, thank you very much. And my teeth feel great, the bristles feel hard, and the inside of my mouth feels refreshingly raw. I'm not being sarcastic! It actually seems like I'm making progress, George W. Bush Administration-style, on the War Against Tooth Decay. And though I haven't seen a whole lotta progress yet, I'm sure that with a larger annual budget I'm going to be just fine. Now if I can just get myself to floss regularly...

No comments: