Wednesday, July 17, 2002

CD: Soundgarden, "Down On the Upside"

I ran out of space to put my CDs...again. I am also way behind on cataloging; I can only estimate that I have about 800 CDs right now. Yes, the CD burner has help, as well as the Napster standbys. But I just bought 4 CDs in Toronto the other day and I know I'm going back in a couple weeks to find some more. Sick, sick, sick. In the same vein, today I tried catching up on my periodicals reading, as I have a stack of about 2 weeks worth of newspapers and other assorted rags I haven't plowed through yet. I'm almost done with that task. (A lot of those rags concern music and, vicariously, new CD reviews.) Today I thought to myself that if I lived in any other generation I would have never even considered the concept that there was too much information to digest. But I went to 20 other websites before I started this entry, just because I had stuff I wanted to look up. Have you ever thought to yourself, "I have to stop reading, turn of the radio and TV, and do something completely monotonous to reset my mind"? Are we lucky for this? Sometime I should write about how much of this information is actually informative. Gee, listen to me, I just finished listening to Radiohead and this is what happens. I have to go fold some laundry now; until tomorrow.

No comments: