Monday, July 22, 2002

CD: Sonic Youth, "Washing Machine"

So I ran a red light. At two in the morning, in a small village, two blocks from where I was going to drop someone off. I am not upset, or feeling it's somehow unfair. I did a ton of other things in that car that day that could have gotten me in worse trouble. (Everyone says I'm a bad driver.) It is a bit ironic that my first recorded traffic infraction occurred when I was doing one of the least dangerous things possible--not stopping at a quite visibly empty, small-town intersection--but nevertheless I will change my ways. In terms of karma, this ticket was well-deserved. Too many times have I just missed a yellow light (a notorious signature of Buffalo drivers), or used an exit at the last second. And when I went in for a defensive driving course, once the guy just gave me the insurance reduction for free because no one else showed up. This has been a long time coming. I am a new man! Pretty much. I did the speed limit all the way home!

No comments: