Friday, May 27, 2005

Sonic Youth Guitar Tunings

Jingle Jangle - Sonic Life

I finally got my copy of Sleater-Kinney's The Woods and I must say it rocks hard. Actually it's hurt my ears a few times because I played it too loud. And what a long six months it's been between hearing them play in between recording sessions and the freakin' release date. I've heard a lot of comparisons to Jimi Hendrix. It definitely has a 60s rock feel, but the production is very Iggy & The Stooges' Raw Power if you ask me. The sound is very much in the red.

In other inconsequential news, I went to the main post office in Buffalo for a drug test. Usually I'm afraid of being empty, y'know? so I held in that important first #1 of the day all morning. Lemme tells ya, I coulda filled three of them jars. The post building is a big, factory-like facility, which wasn't a surprise, but there must have been four hundred cars in the the parking lot, which was. And two nurses on duty. Across the street is a Goodwill, so of course I checked it out. It was a small selection but it blew my mind to find the Smashing Pumpkins' Lull EP for $3. I never bought it because it was either $12 or totally out of print. That makes 43 Smashing Pumpkins CDs, friends. It's not the 47 I have by Nirvana but it's close.

No comments: