In response to Tim's email:
Welcome to the Katie's 2005 edition of "getting to know your
friends", whoever the heck "Katie" is. What you are supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire
e-mail and paste it onto a new e-mail that you'll send. Change all the answers
so they apply to you, and then send this to a whole bunch of people
including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot
of little things about your friends, if you didn't know them already! More often
than not, your friends will be too upset with all your junk mail to write you back.
Okay, here we go!
[Fred Schrock version]
1. What time did you get up today? 11:30am, 2:00pm, 4:00pm. Freakin' dog.
2. If you could eat lunch with one person, who would it be? If they're paying, just about anyone
3. Gold or Silver? College Loan payments
4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I don't remember! The one I remember liking was The Aquatic Life with Steve Zissou
5. What is/are your favorite TV shows? MST3K
6. What did you have for breakfast? If "breakfast" is what you eat in the morning, pancakes and eggs. If "breakfast is what you eat when you wake up, a turkey sub.
7. Who would you hate to be stuck in a room with? A fat guy (unless the room is really big)
8. Who inspires you? Ann L. Retention
9. What is your middle name? Charles Thomas
10. Beach, City or Country? Livin' in the City
11. Favorite ice cream? It has to have some chocolate.
12. Butter or Plain? Plain what?
13. Favorite sandwich? A chicken finger sub
14. What characteristics do you despise? Dependence and waste (and rosemary and thyme)
15. Favorite flower? I'll tell you later, because I really have one, and also I care.
16. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go? Err, Tokyo? New Zealand maybe. I still haven't seen the UK
17. What color is your bathroom? Mildew
18. Where would you like to retire? Why would I retire to only one place?
19. Favorite day of the week? Payday.
20. What did you do for your last birthday? Wrote a paper
21. Where were you born? Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital, Amherst, NY
22. Favorite sport to watch? Pro Football, NHL Playoffs
23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Helen Keller
24. Person you expect to send it back first? "Mailer-Daemon"
25. What fabric detergent do you use? Screw you.
26. Are you a morning person or a night owl? If you stay up so late you see the sunrise, which are you?
27. Do you have any pets? Billy & Kramer (cats), Misty (dog), Jerry (couch cushion).
One thing that constantly plagues Olympians is the fact that we have very little in the way of an exciting past. In order to compensate for our bland history, we have a day called "What if it Had Happened Here?". This day allows people to imagine what it would have been like if real historical events had actually taken place in our very own back yard. Past "What if¹s" have included: "What if the Civil War had happened here?", "What if Waco had happened here" and "What if the 'Bridges of Madison County' had been filmed here?" (a slight variation, I know). This year the theme was "What if Moses Had Parted the Red Sea Here in Olympia?" In order to reenact this event, organizers dumped 500 gallons of red food coloring into Capitol Lake. Since it is a man made lake and capable of drainage, they were able to utilize the already existing hydraulic system to create a rift in the lake¹s center, thus creating the illusion of the red sea parting. Many people tried out for the part of Moses, including K records' own Calvin Johnson, but in the end it went to Joe Preston because he already has a beard.
(special thanks to Carrie Brownstein)