Saturday, September 11, 2004


Here are some random pictures I've taken in the past day. I reorganized my room today, including the removal of this carpet sampler. I used this as postmodernist art but after a year it's going back out on the curb where I found it.

Buffalo's Market Arcade. Joe just found out they have a Fera's Subs in here.

We went to a Buffalo Bills rally downtown, which sucked. We did see some interesting people. There are some Buffalo Jills on your left, some fuzzy girl playing the cowbell in the middle (she was too exuberent for my flash, apparently), and the famous Bisons guy to the right. He sells M&Ms on the subway and sits right behind home base at every Bisons game. Buffalo's answer to Wesley Willis, he is.

TV's John Murphy

The skating rink at Fountain Plaza became the rally tent. It looks more like a rally for Ralph Nader.

So why did we go? Well, for one there was nothing else to do. But it was also because the people at 97 Rock called me (twice) about a raffle I entered for *this* thing and said I was a finalist and should show up for the drawing. I figured, why not? When we got there it was obvious they called a hundred other finalists as well. Joe said it was a waste of time, which it was, and exactly why I didn't want to go alone. :)

I'm supposed to point out the newly refurbished "Shea's" sign here.

The intricate archetecture of the Market Arcade.

An addition to the hospital in progress.

Sho' nuff. But Duff's is better.

After that debacle, I went with Joe to a fish dinner with his uncle and his grandmother, who turned 77 today. It was actually quite nice, and uncle Larry refused to let me pay. As for Joe and I, we must be getting married or something to do all this weird stuff in one day.

My redone room. There's a lot more space and a comfy red reading chair. Speaking of reading . . .

The "Media Wall" that may fall at any moment.

No comments: