Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Burger King Sucks

AngusDiet.com

Today was my last day at Burger King after over five years. Part time or full time, cooking or cashiering, it sucked most every day. Today I was asked to go into the storage closet and find an old promotional sign, as they're bringing back one of the older foods. Looking through the placards was almost like seeing a photo album of all the sandwiches I made in the past half-decade. The Italian Chicken Sandwich. The Big King. The Sausage Biscuit. The "Wild Wild West" Western Whopper. The Hickory Triple Cheeseburger. The Chicken Whopper Jr. Three different kinds of Baguettes. The Rodeo Cheeseburger. The "Low-Carb" Double Whopper With Cheese And Bacon. All the memories. Oh wait, I lost most of my long-term memory ability taking those hundreds of orders a shift. I also lost the arches in my feet because of the bad work shoes, and every weekend since 1999. Every single one. And who can forget the scatterbrained teenage workers and even crazier/angrier customers? Most everybody was good about it, however. So today I clocked out and closed the door and that was it. Good luck to everyone else still there, scratching out an income while I pine away at University. No, I'm not coming back.

No comments: