Friday, September 03, 2004

Bush did a good job

It's about time! Halfway through his speech tonight I was almost convinced he'd be a decent candidate for President, but then I realized that in the past four years he wasn't half as articulate or effective as the domestic plans he proposed. Zones of opportunity? Wasn't that Jack Kemp's platform in '96? And aren't we supposed to go to Mars or something? Maybe I missed that part. In any case, overall it was a great speech; at least, the best I've seen him make. Though he admitted his English isn't that good, he still should have known not to say "nucular". Oops. That was his biggest mistake tonight. He was able to mix up 9/11 and Saddam Hussein in the same sentence without being a rotten liar and slipped in a shout-out to the gay marriage amendment in a quick swipe against "activist judges". I can't agree with him or his tactics and I'm not going to vote for him, but it's still exciting to see a politican at the top of his game.

No comments: