Thursday, September 09, 2004

Dark and Stormy Night

Yahoo! News - Top Stories Photos - Reuters

It's raining men outside. The wind makes the rain hitting the pavement look like waves of mutilation. I'm just trying to find that confounded bridge! Anyway, ever notice how some music sounds better when it doesn't sound right? I was listening to some Blue "More Cowbell" Oyster Cult tonight and the CD kept skipping. Somehow it make "Dominance and Submission" a much cooler song. I remember once messing up an .mp3 of Nine Inch Nails' "Somewhat Damaged" by mistakenly merging it with a live mic picking up sounds from the dorm one floor below. That sounded pretty sweet. But a long time ago, even before Flaming Lips' "Zaireeka" album, I took two copies of Nirvana's "In Utero" and played them simultaneously on two CD players. Since players slightly differ in speed, an eerie echo began overtaking the record. By the time "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle" came on they were a full beat off, and once "Radio Friendly Unit Shifter" went to full on distortion, the sound was intensely, nihlistically rocking.

Also, yesterday I realized that I didn't like Elvis Costello unless he is playing acoustically. I don't know why. However, I also realized that "Mystery Dance" should be Joe Ferguson's theme song.

No comments: