Tuesday, January 28, 2003

CD: MC5, "Kick Out The Jams"

People still don't get it. After almost five days of barely speaking because of strep throat, people are still calling at me from opposite ends of the building and expecting to hear me yell something back. "WHO IS THE PHONE FOR?!" is probably the most frequent utterance. Well, I can write it down for you, or I could completely ignore you if the phone isn't for you. And since I'm running a fever and am really not in the mood to entertain such trivialities, I think I'll just lie here and let you keep yelling! In fact, what am I answering the phone for anyway, you lazy bum?! The best I can usually get out is a raspy, "Hall--hallo?" These past few days of near silence has given me a greater appreciation for Actual Silence; maybe by the end of the week I will discover it, too.

No comments: